Skip directly to content

Good Measure(Fan Fic)Updated 10/30

• Amanda stared out at her surroundings in the department at her new job. She had just been hired at Macy's after only living there for a month. Luck was on her side, except for the dress code. Dressy and dark usually would be her forte but the lack of sneakers and denim would get to her within a day or two. For now she worried about the new surroundings. The men's department, first floor, lots of foot traffic. She had to deal with tourists from other countries already and not being able to understand them, she barely made a sale. Coming back from her break, she laughed with some of her co-workers as they made their way to the register to clock back in. Looking up she saw a group of guys walk up to them. "Excuse me, miss?" One of the men spoke and Amanda turned her head and her jaw dropped, seeing 5 guys she recognized. Pierre smiled at her. "We're in dire need of dress shirts." He pointed to David and Sebastien covered in cake and different colored frosting, and their heads hung in shame as they walked towards her. "Do I not want to ask?" Joking with the guys and Pierre shook his head. "We also don't know their sizes. Tailored made shirts." She shook her head pulling out the measuring tape. "That is not a problem." Her cheeks burned still knowing who the men before her were. They all stood around the department, Amanda looked over at Pierre talking to Sebastien while she measured David. Looking up at him from the floor, he smiled at her. "So someone getting married?" Deciding against her better judgement to finally ask about the disaster they came in with. They also had to have a good reason to be so dressed up. Nodding, his head turned to look at his friends. "Sebastien is. I like her better than the girl before that he was engaged to." "Oh?" Was all Amanda could say. Being a fan she knew waaay too much about these men so this was piquing her interest to get the inside information from David Desrosiers. "Yeah he was engaged to this chick named Lauren but that all fell through some months ago and he started seeing this girl from Toronto. He's the happiest I've seen him in a long time." Amanda's head shot up. "Toronto?" she repeated him. She knew one girl there that would and could have such a positive effect on someone.

[field_member_name]
    angelofmusic87's picture
    3 years 2 months
    [privatemsg_link]
    Joined Date: 23 Apr 2008
angelofmusic87's picture
on 17 Nov '12

Amanda stared out at her surroundings in the department at her new job. She had just been hired at Macy's after only living there for a month. Luck was on her side, except for the dress code. Dressy and dark usually would be her forte but the lack of sneakers and denim would get to her within a day or two. For now she worried about the new surroundings. The men's department, first floor, lots of foot traffic. She had to deal with tourists from other countries already and not being able to understand them, she barely made a sale. Coming back from her break, she laughed with some of her co-workers as they made their way to the register to clock back in. Looking up she saw a group of guys walk up to them. "Excuse me, miss?" One of the men spoke and Amanda turned her head and her jaw dropped, seeing 5 guys she recognized. Pierre smiled at her. "We're in dire need of dress shirts." He pointed to David and Sebastien covered in cake and different colored frosting, and their heads hung in shame as they walked towards her. "Do I not want to ask?" Joking with the guys and Pierre shook his head. "We also don't know their sizes. Tailored made shirts." She shook her head pulling out the measuring tape. "That is not a problem." Her cheeks burned still knowing who the men before her were. They all stood around the department, Amanda looked over at Pierre talking to Sebastien while she measured David. Looking up at him from the floor, he smiled at her. "So someone getting married?" Deciding against her better judgement to finally ask about the disaster they came in with. They also had to have a good reason to be so dressed up. Nodding, his head turned to look at his friends. "Sebastien is. I like her better than the girl before that he was engaged to." "Oh?" Was all Amanda could say. Being a fan she knew waaay too much about these men so this was piquing her interest to get the inside information from David Desrosiers. "Yeah he was engaged to this chick named Lauren but that all fell through some months ago and he started seeing this girl from Toronto. He's the happiest I've seen him in a long time." Amanda's head shot up. "Toronto?" she repeated him. She knew one girl there that would and could have such a positive effect on someone.

Forum category: 

CUSTOM COMMENTS

:shock:

randomusicgirl
randomusicgirl's picture
1 hour 11 min
[privatemsg_link]

Is that a good :shock: or a bad one?

angelofmusic87
angelofmusic87's picture
3 years 2 months
[privatemsg_link]

Good!

randomusicgirl
randomusicgirl's picture
1 hour 11 min
[privatemsg_link]

Ahhh!! Who does she know?! lol please keep writing! :)

tinamckee
tinamckee's picture
3 months 1 week
[privatemsg_link]

Can you continue this?

Can you continue this?

randomusicgirl
randomusicgirl's picture
1 hour 11 min
[privatemsg_link]

Maybe. We'll see. I have

Maybe. We'll see. I have extra time on my hands so I will brainstorm some tonight and tomorrow.

angelofmusic87
angelofmusic87's picture
3 years 2 months
[privatemsg_link]

"Yeah, Toronto." He repeated

"Yeah, Toronto." He repeated and looked confused by why this girl would be reacting to a city in Montreal like that. "Are you okay?" David decided to try understand this girl. Amanda shook out of her own thoughts and looked up at him. She nodded and then smiled.

"I know someone from Toronto. I don't know if it could be the same person. Just a long shot in the dark." David chuckled when Amanda shrugged as to say that it was a impossible.

"This girl works at the local grocery store and is one of the strongest women I have met." He began describing the woman that had caught Seb's heart and eye.

"Sounds like a great lady."

"She is. There is no one like Tasha." The measuring tape fell from Amanda's hands and her eyes widened at the sound of her friend's name. Turning as white as a ghost her eyes trailed up to his. "Are you alright?" He dropped to his knees and put his hand on her shoulder. Amanda didn't reply but let her behind hit the floor behind her and she looked lost and confused. 

"Tasha Pastor?" She asked shakily. 

"Yeah... do you know her?" David looked at Amanda as she looked at him incrediously like he was messing with her. She knew that Tasha knew the boys. They went back but never did she think that Tasha would actually get with Seb. She let out a chuckle remembering the message that Tasha had left on her voice mail the week before about coming down for a big thing and that she wanted Amanda to be there. 

"I am supposed to be there right now." She broke her silence and smiled at David.

"Well, let's get these suits and go." He offered  as he held his hand out to her. 

"Sounds good." Regaining composure she sat back up on the backs of her legs and started measuring like she was the wind. By the time she redid the offenders suits it was time for her shift to be over and she had to go home and get dressed to go to her friend's wedding. David took Amanda home and then to the wedding. Amanda was led to the bridal suite. "I heard you're getting married." She said walking in.

angelofmusic87
angelofmusic87's picture
3 years 2 months
[privatemsg_link]